Everything Changes Over Time

Post-Judgment Modifications

Because people’s needs, capacities and circumstances have a way of changing over time, Florida family laws provide for the modification of child support, child custody arrangements (parenting plans), time sharing or alimony.

If you need a lawyer’s advice about the modification of an order or decree after the divorce is final, contact our Boca Raton modification lawyers at Brodie & Friedman, P.A., to learn about your rights and alternatives.


Or call 561-392-5100 to protect your future and start your path to happiness.

We Navigate The Process For You

Helping You Modify Child Support or Parenting Plans

Getting a family court judge to grant your motion to modify a child support, a parenting plan or an alimony order will depend on your ability to prove a significant change of circumstances that relates directly to the problem at hand. In cases involving child custody or visitation modifications (time-sharing modifications), you might also have to prove that the change you propose is in the best interests of the child involved.

Common Types Of Modification
At Brodie & Friedman, P.A., our Boca Raton modification lawyers are experienced in handling of all types of family court orders, including:

  • Child support modification: Has either parent’s income increased or decreased due to a new job or losing a job? Have child care needs or health care needs significantly changed?
  • Child custody/parenting plan modification: Does a new job require you to move away, more than 50 miles? Has a change in your work schedule affecting your ability to accommodate the current time-sharing arrangement in the parenting plan?
  • Alimony or spousal support modification: Has your ex-spouse become self-supporting after a period of rehabilitation? Has he or she started living with another individual or remarried? Has your financial situation changed, affecting your ability to pay alimony?

When life changes, it is important that current court orders are adapted to accommodate those changes. Our Boca Raton modification lawyers can advise you of your rights and guide you through the legal process — whether you are requesting the modification or contesting it.

At Brodie & Friedman, P.A. our modification lawyer’s experience with Florida family law and procedure can give you a good idea of the likelihood that any proposed modification will be approved. If the change you have in mind won’t likely be granted, we’ll recommend that you save the money and trouble you would otherwise spend on a longshot court hearing. Similarly, if you’re inclined to oppose a motion for modification, we can help you pick your battles wisely.

Our Family Law Practice proudly serves the communities of Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Martin County.

Contact Brodie & Friedman, P.A. today to discuss consultation—even though we may never need to take your case to court, our ability to do so from a position of strength brings immeasurable influence to negotiations across a range of disputed marital issues.


Or call 561-392-5100 to protect your future and start your path to happiness.

    Send Message

    Or Call Now at: 561-392-5100


    • phone 561-392-5100
    • timing Mon – Fri, 9AM – 5PM
    • email [email protected]
    • address 1675 N. Military Trail, Suite 730 Boca Raton, Florida 33486
    • Zoom consultations are available.