Do I Have to Work After the Divorce?

They may or may not. It all depends on the circumstances of the parties. This could be circumstances regarding the children or the financial circumstances of the parties. It also could depend on certain factors such as their age, health, experience in the workforce, and their education. If a party chooses not to work, they

Should I Choose a Male or Female Attorney?

Choosing one factor such as whether to hire a male or female attorney limits your options on choosing the right attorney for you. There are many factors in determining which attorney best suits your needs. Experience in family law, understanding your case and issues that are important to you, having a strong support staff are

I Just Lost My Job. Can I Modify Child Support?

The good news is that child support is always modifiable regardless of your agreement or your final judgment. If you just lost your job and no longer have the same income that was used to calculate your child support, you can probably go back to modify your child support obligation as child support is based

Does Jurisdiction Matter?

Jurisdiction allows the court to hear your case. If a court doesn’t have jurisdiction, then the case can’t be heard by that judge. Florida has to have jurisdiction over you and the other party. If there are children involved, the court must receive an affidavit from you to show that the court has jurisdiction over

I Just Lost My Job. Can I Modify My Alimony?

I know you’re gonna hate this answer, but it depends. First, if you have an agreement, and then it depends on what your final judgment says. If your alimony is non-modifiable or if it’s modifiable. If it is modifiable, you would need to file a supplemental petition for modification of alimony. There are certain factors

How to Prepare for Your Consult

A good tip to maximize your consult time is to know that your consultation actually begins before you meet with the attorney. If you already have an open case filed, give your case number before the consultation and ask if the attorney will read the docket or some of the documents are already filed before

Can I Take My Kids on a Trip?

Most likely yes. It all depends if there are agreements of the parties or if there is a court order in place governing trips during the divorce proceeding, or if a final judgment has been entered divorcing the parties, what the agreement is with regards to trips in the marital settlement agreement or final judgment.

What is a Guardian Ad Litem?

A guardian ad litem is a court-appointed representative who’s appointed to act as the best friend for the child and to help protect the child during the divorce process. For more information about a guardian ad litem, please contact an experienced family law attorney.

What Info Can I Give My Attorney at the Consult?

Basic information such as your name and the name of the other party. If you’re married, what was the date of your marriage? Do you have any children with the other party? Tell your attorney about yourself, your lifestyle, your job, your life at home, what made you decide to speak with an attorney. It

What are “Nonmarital Assets”?

Non-marital assets are defined by statute and case law as those assets acquired prior to the marriage, assets acquired separately by either party by non-interspousal gift, or inheritance and income derived from non-marital assets during the marriage unless the income was treated, used or relied upon by the parties during the marriage. It also includes

    Send Message

    Or Call Now at: 561-392-5100


    • phone 561-392-5100
    • timing Mon – Fri, 9AM – 5PM
    • email [email protected]
    • address 1675 N. Military Trail, Suite 550 Boca Raton, Florida 33486
    • Zoom consultations are available.