Can I get My Spouse to Pay for Our Child’s Expenses?

Absolutely. Parties can agree to pay for the child expenses during the action, after the action, and even after the child is no longer a minor. These expenses can include extracurricular activities, camp, school-related expenses, childcare expenses, and more. However, the court is limited in what it can actually order the other parent to pay.

Can I Change the Locks to My House?

It depends on the situation, such as if there is a court order in place, if there’s an agreement of the parties, or if the home is the marital residence. Depending on the facts, you may or may not be able to change the locks. For more information on this topic, please consult an experienced

My Attorney won’t Speak with Me When I Call

Sometimes you’ll speak with a legal assistant or a paralegal when you call an attorney’s office for information. We believe this protects you until the attorney runs a conflict check to ensure it is clear to speak with you and your case. This is also a good time saver. The legal assistant and paralegal can

Can I Move Out of State with My Kids?

If there is currently a paternity case or a dissolution of marriage case pending in the court system, you cannot move out of state with your children without agreement of the other party or court approval. For more information on this issue, please contact an experienced family law attorney.

Three Things You Must Know if You get Served

Number one, hire an attorney immediately. Number two, you only have 20 days to file an answer or response of pleading, which is why it’s very important to hire an attorney immediately. And number three, the date that your spouse files for divorce is the cutoff date for determining marital assets and marital liabilities.

Do I Have to Pay for Private School?

Whether or not you have to continue paying for private school depends on the facts of your case. It depends on your ability to pay. It depends on what the parents decide is in the best interest of the children or whether the court makes that decision, and the court will look into the consideration

What is P.E.A.C.E.?

P.E.A.C.E. is a useful outline for you, your attorney, and the court to make sure the essential issues are addressed in your case. P is parenting plan. This includes issues such as time-sharing, parental responsibility, transportation, travel, holidays, and other issues regarding your child. If you do not have minor children, you can skip P.

What is a Social Investigation?

A social investigation is when a licensed professional, typically a psychologist is appointed to assess each parent’s ability to meet their children’s best interest. They can make recommendations about parental responsibility and timesharing to the court. The court may or may not accept the recommendations of the social investigator at the time of trial. Some

    Send Message

    Or Call Now at: 561-392-5100


    • phone 561-392-5100
    • timing Mon – Fri, 9AM – 5PM
    • email [email protected]
    • address 1675 N. Military Trail, Suite 730 Boca Raton, Florida 33486
    • Zoom consultations are available.