I Just Lost My Job. Can I Modify Child Support?

The good news is that child support is always modifiable regardless of your agreement or your final judgment. If you just lost your job and no longer have the same income that was used to calculate your child support, you can probably go back to modify your child support obligation as child support is based on the income of both parties. You would need to file a modification action to show that the loss of your job is permanent, significant, and not contemplated at the time of the final judgment. These are important issues you should discuss with an experienced family law attorney.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Send Message

    Or Call Now at: 561-392-5100


    • phone 561-392-5100
    • timing Mon – Fri, 9AM – 5PM
    • email [email protected]
    • address 1675 N. Military Trail, Suite 730 Boca Raton, Florida 33486
    • Zoom consultations are available.