I Just Lost My Job. Can I Modify My Alimony?

I know you’re gonna hate this answer, but it depends. First, if you have an agreement, and then it depends on what your final judgment says. If your alimony is non-modifiable or if it’s modifiable. If it is modifiable, you would need to file a supplemental petition for modification of alimony. There are certain factors you’ll need to prove, such as whether there’s been a substantial change in circumstance, whether it’s contemplated at the time of the final judgment, and you still have to prove you can’t afford to pay your alimony.

These are important issues you should discuss with an experienced family law attorney.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Send Message

    Or Call Now at: 561-392-5100


    • phone 561-392-5100
    • timing Mon – Fri, 9AM – 5PM
    • email [email protected]
    • address 1675 N. Military Trail, Suite 730 Boca Raton, Florida 33486
    • Zoom consultations are available.